Halloween Crow Beaks?? I bet you haven’t seen those before. if you saw and made our free printable for How to make Ghost Droppings, or the Frankenstein Bolts, this is a perfect addition. If you haven’t checked out our other handouts for Halloween, you can find them HERE.
These Crow Beaks are a great handout for friends and classmates. They are super kid-friendly and kids love having something unique to share with their friends. What is more unique than Crow Beaks.
This post contains affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you).
These are easy to make and are a great afternoon activity for the kids. You can set up a table with workstations and give them the task of putting them all together. It’s a great opportunity to get the kids to brush up on their math skills without realizing it. Have them count out all of the candy corn and divide it up equally between each bag. a little adding and division. YAY!
The Supplies You’ll need to make Crow Beaks Treat Bags
If you don’t have these items on hand you can get them here
- Orange 8.5″ by 11″ cardstock ( or colour of choice)
- Candy Corn
- Small zipper treat bags
- Inkjet printer
- paper trimmer
** Using a cutting machine? See instructions for print at the bottom of the page.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
How to make the Crow Beaks Halloween handouts using the free printable
Download the free printable in our free resource library
- Send the printable to an inkjet printer and print.
2. Using a paper trimmer – cut the printed tags into 6 equally sized tags
3. Have the person handing out the Halloween Crow Beaks candy packs write their name on the back in the “from” spot. This is a great opportunity to practice writing their name. YAY!
4. Fold Halloween Crow Beaks tags in half and set them aside.
5 Fill your treat bags with the desired amount of candy corn candy and seal the bag.
6. Staple the tag to the top of the bag
7. You are now ready to hand out your Halloween Crow Beaks treat bags.
How to make Halloween Crow Beaks treats with a cutting machine
I am using a Cricut maker but this file you will download is a PNG file and is transferable to other cutting machines.
In addition to the supplies listed above you will need:
Instructions for how to make Crow Beaks on a Cricut cuttung machine
Download the free print and cut file from our free resource library
- Upload the file into Design space and choose print and cut in the menu after uploading and load onto the canvas.
2. Resize the design to the size you desire. It looks best if you choose the size that is the width of the top of your zipper bag. I used a 3.5 inch by 4-inch zipper bag, so my tags were 4″ by 4″. Remember, you can unlock, the lock of the design on the canvas to accommodate your bags.
3. When you have the desired size, re-lock the lock and duplicate. When using the print and cut on the Cricut you will likely only get 2 tags per 8.5″ by 11″ piece of cardstock. This is because the Cricut prints a registration box around the designs. Do not cut this box off. This is what your Cricut will use to orient itself on where to cut your design.
**If you are using a Cricut- you can add a “score line” Just be sure to center it on the tag and then attach it to your design before you make it.
4. Make it!
5. Once you have printed your design and cut your design in your cutting machine, lift your design from the mat. We use the Cricut spatula tool for lifting the tag. This thin spatula will keep your tag nice and flat white removing it from the sticky mat.
6. Sign the “From” part of the tag before stapling.
7. Fold tags in half and staple them to the top of the zipper bag.
You are ready to hand out your Halloween Crow Beaks treats.
Thank you for visiting Baker Street Living. Happy Crafting
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. We receive a small commission when purchases are made through our links. Thank You for your support.